Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Night with the Girls

Tonight I have a lovely night planned with these two girlies that promises to be full of thrifting, eating, drinking, movie watching, and fun!

Here's the plan:
  • Visit a few local thrift stores
  • Stop by Homegoods and Joann's Fabrics 
  • Dinner and drinks somewhere
  • Head back to Ashlee's and watch Mona Lisa Smile


Since I'm still completing my 30 for 30 challenge, I won't have any new or exciting clothes to wear.  If I did (and this is where my Friday's Fancies with {av} come in) I would wear this:

A good pair of jeans, which would help me cross off number 119 on that pesky ole list

A black and silver top with an adorable black bow for a little feminine touch

A mustard yellow 50s style crocheted button down cardigan--maybe it's because J and I have started watching Mad Men on Netflix, but this sweater drew me right in!

Mustard yellow high heels to match.  They might not be super comfortable to wear while thrifting, but we will also be doing a lot of sitting at dinner and the movie to balance it out!

A silver cuff to dress it up a little--it is a Friday night after all!

A black bag to haul some of my finds home in

TopShop mustard cardigan
$80 - topshop.com

AQUILANO RIMONDI striped tank
259 GBP - farfetch.com

True Religion skinny fit jean
329 EUR - jades24.com

Promise peep toe booty
$36 - makemechic.com

Balenciaga black shoulder bag
$1,156 - bluefly.com

Dannijo jewelry
$335 - bergdorfgoodman.com




What are your weekend plans, friends?

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

  1. omg omg omg those shoes! and the cuff! ahhh love i t!

    I need a GNO! I am having a girls lunch out though.. that's got to count for something =) hehe no cocktails though. boo!

    Have fuuuun love!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like SO much fun tonight!! I love Mona Lisa Smile :-) I also love all those yellow clothes and shoes, I want! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those shoes! Need them!!!! :)

    Happy Friday!

    Lauren @ tickled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are awesome! I hope you have fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jenn: Girls lunch totally counts! No cocktails means next time it's a girl night, you need to double up :) Have a great weekend!!

    @ Lauren: It's one of my favorite movies too--I can't wait to watch it again with some girls who have never seen it!

    @ Lauren: I know, me too! It's probably good I'm still under a shopping ban or they would be mine :)

    @ Ashly: Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that sweater! Have a super fun girls night :)

    Oh, ps, I'm making the chicken that you posted a couple weeks ago for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I have class tomorrow (again, blah) and then a bridal shower on Sunday! It seems like everyone I know is either getting married or having a baby these days, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a great time! And weren't hurting too bad this morning, haha, jk. LOVE that color yellow, I bet you rocked it :) And thrift store with the girls, sounds like a great way to start off the night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those yellow heels? Such FABULOUSNESS!!!

    Happy Saturday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice outfit. I really love the top with the bow on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cowwwwwww! I adore this outfit, pretty girl! I love that top especially :) this is pretty much a perfect outfit! I hope you had so much fun with your girlies...you deserve it! Thank you SO much for joining in for yay! so happy to have you join in again for Friday's Fancies Hope you'll join in again soon! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a cute outfit that would be! Hope you had a fab girls night and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Jenn: Hope the chicken turned out great! Be sure to let me know how it went :)

    @ ...and that's a true story: Sounds like a fun weekend! We know lots of marriages and babies happening too!

    @ Victoria: I know! As spring approaches, I am a total sucker for peep toes.

    @ Texa: Thanks! I managed to enjoy myself without paying for it the next day but heavy thunderstorms put a kabosh on thrift store shopping but didn't interrupt the important things like dinner, drinks and the movie :)

    @ Jen: Thanks! Hope you had a great weekend as well!

    @ Lacey Jo: Thank ya! I thought it added the right amount of feminine charm :)

    @ {av}: It was a great night, thanks for asking! I hope you had a great weekend too!

    @ Christy: Definitely! It was much needed fun and relaxation :) Hope you had a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!