Wednesday, March 23, 2011

April BBC Pick and Handwriting Game

As some of you may have noticed and as others have pointed out, we had a seven-way tie for April's BBC book.  To remedy this situation, I decided to randomly select the next book, old school style by pulling names out of a hat (or in this case decorative vase).


Here is a recap of the choices:

Two Kisses for Maddy
A Spot of Bother
Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World
The Host
These Things Hidden
House Rules
Life of Pi
Three Cups of Tea
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Love in the Time of Cholera
One Hundred Years of Solitude

That is quite the list and while all of those books look great, I think we will narrow down the choices next month to three or four choices to avoid seven way ties again!

Immediately prior to the drawing
And we have a winner!
House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Now that we have a winner, let's discuss dates for our discussion.  How about Monday April 25th through Friday April 29th?  If everyone's Aprils are as busy as ours is, an extra week to read the book will be appreciated!  I will open the poll (with less choices) on Wednesday April 20th and it will remain open for one week so that we can decide on May's book without losing too much time.

While I was at it, I decided to get in on the handwriting game after seeing others participate.  Even though I haven't been tagged, I thought it would be fun!



Answers:
1. Name and blog name: KT & KT's Refinishing School
2. Blog URL: http://ktrefinishingschool.blogspot.com
3. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
4. Favorite quote: "Here is the secret nobody knows, here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.  I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart--e.e. cumings


Answers, continued:
5. Favorite song: Changes often but right now I am loving Natalie Maines' new single/cover of "God Only Knows."
6. Favorite band: Dixie Chicks, as evidenced from above.  They are the reason I play guitar and discovered country and bluegrass music.
7. TAG YOU'RE IT! (I hate my all capital letters :) )
Ashlee @ Finely Young
Lauren @ You Had Me at Handmade
Miss Jewells @ Crown Jewells

And anyone else who wants to participate!

So there you have it, a little taste of my handwriting and more importantly, our BBC pick for this month.  Now get reading and don't forget to tell me if you are participating so I can add you to our list of participants on The Library page!


P.S.  I apologize for my silence around here yesterday.  I worked a twelve hour shift (I normally work 8 hour shifts) and came home exhausted!  I'll try to be better about that :)

16 comments:

  1. Cute post :-) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very nice handwriting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting book..I'd like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I'll have to see if I can get this one from the library in time - hopefully that extra will help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be reading Two Kisses for Maddy the second I can get my little paws on it. I'm obsessed with that guy's blog. Thanks for the tag- I'll have to add this to my blog post to do list :) You have very clean handwriting, by the way... might be a bit harder to read mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ L: Thanks! You too :)

    @ Mrs. W: Thank you! I have my Catholic grade school penmanship class to thank for that I think!

    @ Beckie: Great! I will add you to our member list--so happy to have you :)

    @ Kate: I know the library around here usually has Jodi Picoult books so hopefully yours will too--I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    @ Lauren: Thanks! I bet your handwriting will be very artistic :) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea! Maybe I'll try it sometime next week :) You're handwriting is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! A new book! I'm going to download it on my nook today (my first e-reading experience, haha). Nice handwriting by the way! I can barely read my own, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear yah. Work is getting crazy for me too. Hope your having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen the handwriting post before (I also haven't read blogs for the past week!), but that's so fun! Hope you've been doing well - I'll be working on the guest post tonight and tomorrow - will send it your way soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey KT!

    Sorry I've been so MIA!
    I hope you enjoyed your feature, thanks again for letting me feature you!
    Lots of people enjoyed your feature too!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my sporadic posts and commenting daily! It truly means a lot to me!

    I will be sending you my guest post tomorrow at some point in the afternoon, my week has been so crazy busy and tonight and tomorrow afternoon is the only free time I have this week!

    I enjoyed your 30 for 30 posts as well!

    Have a good rest of your week!
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your handwriting!!!!! its so big and pretty! and super legible! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute post - I've read House Rules; I really think you'll like it! And I'm very excited to be tagged in the handwriting game! :) I'll be playing along as soon as I get home. Thanks!

    Hope you're having a good week - it's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in for BBC this time around! I haven't read any of her books before, so I'm looking forward to it.

    The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is really good, by the way. I read about half of it before I got busy and it needed to be returned to the library, so I figured I'd borrow it again when I had more time. It's one of those books with a great narrative that happens to incorporate a lot of factual information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Lucy Betty: Thanks! I'd love to see your handwriting too :)

    @ ...and that's a true story: I love my Nook and will be downloading House Rules onto as well, courtesy of a Barnes and Noble Groupon that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

    @ Ashly: Seems to be that time of year I guess :)

    @ Ashlee: Can't wait to see your handwriting (and answers)!

    @ Courtney: Sounds great! Hope you are having fun with your parents :)

    @ Mallori: Thanks girlie! I'm glad you had such a great trip and can't wait to hear more about it!

    @ Jenn: Thanks! Woods sends his love :)

    @ Miss Jewells: Yay! Safe travels!

    @ Kim: So glad you will be joining us! I have heard it is very good and hope to read it very soon, whether it's a BBC club book or not :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!