Monday, March 7, 2011

BBC Update: Second Book?

While I was relaxing this weekend, I finished devoured Sense and Sensibility for The BBC.  I cannot wait to discuss the book with you all and especially my lovely BBC ladies in two weeks time, starting on March  21st!

For now I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the book and will be watching the movie (the Ang Lee-Emma Thompson version) again to revisit some of my favorite parts that I was imagining in my head while reading the book!


That got me thinking about the book club and how we need to get a new poll up here on the blog with April's book.  I will add all of the books later this week that didn't make the cut from last month (if you need a refresher, they are: The Host, Three Cups of Tea, The Life of Pi and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks) and would like to add a few more to the mix!

So, what should our next book be?!  You don't have to be a BBC member to contribute to our book list, so please share with us a book we just have to read.


And for bonus points, share with us what are you reading right now!



Want to join us?  We would love to have you!  We read one book a month and then over a week's period discuss the book together virtually through a blog link-up, blog comments and/or an email group.  If you are interested, please leave a comment below or email me at ktrefinishingschool[at]gmail[dot]com and I will add you to our list of members!

8 comments:

  1. I want to read "Two Kisses for Maddy." It is based on this blog.
    http://www.mattlogelin.com/archives/2008/04/13/what-happened/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time for more leisure reading, maybe someday haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always suggest this book to everyone I know: A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon--it is a black comedy written by a brit. It is hugely entertaining, funny, and a bit thought provoking (a good choice after a deeper read perhaps?). Dr Z(ed) and I both laughed out loud numerous times while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in loooooove with Water for Elephants and I am currently reading City of Bones (which is a little young for me, so I save it for days i'm uber bored! but its fun!)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome you're already done with Sense and Sensibility! I am still working on it . . . If I finish this one on time I'm going to sign up for April's book club too! I'd be down for any of the other books from last month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about the first book in the Wheel of Time series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lordy mercy, I am struggling with Sense and Sensibility. I read it when I was 12, and am for some reason just not getting into it this time around.

    As for April, The Host was ah-may-zing. I was in the bookstore a few days ago and wrote down a few titles that interested me...These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkant, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, and (already on last month's list) The Life of Pi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jeri Lynne: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the book! Jane Austen can be very confusing and dense I know :) Those are some great recommendations and I will definitely add them to the list. I love Jodi Picoult by the way...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!