Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Off

After a very busy and long week, I took the weekend off from most of my responsibilities to relax and rejuvenate.  With J working late (sometimes until after midnight) every night last week, I got a glimpse of how busy our lives would be if he wasn't able to help me cook, clean and grocery shop like he usually is.  Needless to say, by week's end I was happy that the worst of his busyness is now over and we both were in need of a break!

Image taken from weheartit
The break came in the form of staying off of my Google Reader (mostly!) and blog for most of the weekend and spending some much needed time with J and friends.  It was just what I needed and now we are both ready to face another week!

I share all of this to say that I will be back with our regular scheduled programming later today, including my latest 30 for 30 outfits which will be online later this evening!

How was your weekend, friends?

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. Sometimes you just need a little break. I did the same thing yesterday. I went and brewed some beer with Mark and then stayed home and watched two movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to get a little break away from it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a break is so necessary! Sorry the hubby's been working so late. That's always a bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hangover-iffic! =) haha! I'm slowly trying to catch up too! <3

    Tell woodsy maddie sends her love!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ashly: That sounds like a great Sunday! What type of beer is Mark brewing?

    @ Lauren: Definitely! You just need a time out every once and a while :)

    @ ...and that's a true story: Thanks! I am glad the worst is over--whoever said the third year of law school is the easiest was pulling my leg!

    @ Jenn: Sounds like fun (minus the hangover the next day!) Woodsy sends a purr and a lick back :) He also has some catnip to share--what a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!