Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Review

J and I had a relaxing yet productive weekend, which was much needed to get us set up for what promises to be a busy week at work and school!  Here's a little recap of what we did:

Friday:
  • Used our Groupon and had a delicious nigri sushi dinner (with a few rolls too) at Sekisui on South Grand--we even had deep fried crawfish with our platter!
  • Watched the next three episodes of Mad Men, Season 1 that we had on Netflix.  One more DVD and we will have finished season 1!
Saturday:
  • Had breakfast in bed while watching Food Network.
  • I did 8 (that's right I said eight) loads of laundry at the laundry mat, including many of my 30 for 30 clothes.
  • Planned our week's menu.
  • Went grocery shopping.
  • Made another Asian-inspired meal in the form of Miso soup (get the recipe here), tempura vegetables (we used Panko bread crumbs in lieu of tempura batter), and spring rolls stuffed with shredded chicken, green onions, sushi rice and an Indian cilantro chutney.  We made a mess in the kitchen but it was delicious!

  • Watched Dumb and Dumber before we fell asleep.
Sunday:
  • Went to church.
  • Cleaned the house in preparation for guests tonight for a screening of this film and J's mom and boyfriend who are in town starting on Friday!
  • Marveled at how long Woods can be when he really stretches out.
  • Cleaned up the dishes from the night before (we washed pots, pans and knives on Saturday night but just rinsed and stacked the rest for the morning).
  • Finished putting away the 8 loads of laundry from the day before.
  • Made Pasta Primavera for the first day of Spring.  Get the recipe here.
  • Met some friends for drinks and sat out on the sidewalk enjoying the sun and warm weather!
  • Watched the series finale of Big Love.  J and I started watching this show right after we started dating five plus years ago so it was bittersweet to see the show ending!
How was your weekend, friends?  Anyone watch Big Love and want to talk about last night's episode?!

P.S. Today I am sharing my favorite bread pudding recipe as part of a guest post for Lauren at Tickled while she visits friends in Charleston.  Check it out here!

    17 comments:

    1. Your food pics always make me hungry ;-) Glad you had a good weekend!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sounds fun! I love the Asian-inspired meal you made. It sounds fantastic! That is one thing that Matt is more hesitant to try, though I think I can convince him. I've definitely gotten him to eat sushi so that's a start!

      I watched the first couple seasons of Big Love but when I moved and didn't have HBO anymore, I had to give it up. I just couldn't keep up online. It was a really good show though!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Holy moly girl, talk about a productive weekend! I need to get with the program...yet again I am on Spring Break...i'll wait a little longer. hehe

      ReplyDelete
    4. @ L: Thanks! Hopefully not too hungry :)

      @ Every Little Thing: Jarrod ate hardly any Asian food before we started dating and he would dream of eating sushi, especially nigri (raw fish) but luckily he's come around! The last season is really good and you should definitely try to catch up with Netflix if you can :)

      @ Miss Lace: Enjoy your Spring Break! With J's mom coming into town and things started to ramp up at my office for our largest event of the year in three weeks, I needed to get a lot done or else it would have had to wait until after April 10th :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Sounds like a great weekend! We spent a lot of time at the beach this weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sounds like an awesome weekend KT. I did not watch Big Love but I could pretty much quote all of dumb and dumber.

      ReplyDelete
    7. My weekend included a trip to Disneyland with my husband!!! So much fun!
      What are you going to do for April's book club? A bunch of th books tied, haha!

      ReplyDelete
    8. @ April: The beach sounds lovely!

      @ Ashly: I love Dumb and Dumber. J and my brother Dan first bonded over their love of quoting movies, including Dumb and Dumber :)

      @ ...and that's a true story: How fun! I LOVE Disneyland...I am going to choose one of the books at random (names in a hat) because of the tie later today! Next time we'll have fewer choices which will hopefully prevent this in the future :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow what a weekend! Sounds great. Am new to your blog. So glad I found it!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Aww...I love seeing pictures of Woods!! I so miss my two kitties right now. I'm going home to bring them to Ireland in April but the nights are lonely without their snuggles! I'm going to have to watch Mad Men...I've heard so much about it!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I love the breakfast in bed while watching Foodnetwork! That's my kind of morning!!

      Can't wait to see the results of the random drawing for April's read!! (Who am I kidding - I just want another download for my new Kindle!)

      Oh, could you please come to my house and fold laundry? A small village dropped theirs off a few weeks ago... they're getting low on underwear.

      Jen

      ReplyDelete
    12. Your meal sounds fantastic, I love using Panko, I substitute it for breadcrumbs all the time!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Sounds like a great weekend! I can't wait to see what the next BBC book is!

      I gave you a blogger award! You can find it here: http://travelspot06.blogspot.com/2011/03/natalie-from-my-blog-is-boring-gave-my.html

      ReplyDelete
    14. You're so productive girl! and Woods, well isn't he just a stud! =) No wonder maddie is in love with him!!!!

      Your asian inspired awesomeness sounds sooo good right about now =) have you seen your link cloud sidebar thingie? I know you have... it goes

      recipes WOODS! bahahaha! love. it

      xoXOxo
      Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

      ReplyDelete
    15. @ Alicia: Welcome! It was quite the busy weekend :)

      @ Lesley: Aww I hope the time you all are apart goes by quickly! And you will have to watch Mad Men--it's soo good!

      @ Jen: You are in luck! Add House Rules to your Kindle :) The funny thing is I actually hate folding and putting away laundry (don't mind sitting at the laundry mat while it's being done) but the last few steps--not so much!

      @ Victoria: I agree! It's just so much crispy and delicious!

      @ Kyria: I finally posted it! House Rules by Jodi Picoult and I will stop by your blog now--thanks darling :)

      @ Jenn: Right?! But let's not tell him what a stud muffin he is so it doesn't go to his head :) And as far as the numerous Woods posts--what can I say I love my little furbaby!

      ReplyDelete
    16. sounds like a fabulous weekend with some wonderful food.

      xo

      ReplyDelete
    17. @ Fashion Meets Food: Thanks! It was a great weekend and just what we needed to face a busy, busy week this week :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

    I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!