Saturday, March 12, 2011

30 for 30: By the Numbers

Because I like numbers and I was curious how I wore my 30 pieces of clothes, I thought I'd tally up each item and see what I came up with.  The numbers were interesting (and telling) enough that I thought I'd share them here on the blog as well.

First, the tank tops.


White tank top, Old Navy: 6
Mustard yellow ruffled top, New York and Company: 4
White spaghetti strap top, Sedeca: 3
Blue and white blouse, Anthropologie: 3
Black sleeveless button down top, NY&C: 2
Navy spaghetti strap top, Sedeca: 1

Now, the long sleeves.


Heather button-down three quarter length, NY&C: 4
Blue three quarter length top, Forever 21: 3
Red long-sleeve top, Forever 21: 3
Black long-sleeve top, Forever 21: 2
Brown long-sleeve top, JCPenney's: 1

And the leggings.


Black tights, JCPenney's: 6
Jeggins, Walmart: 1

And dresses.


Blue dress, H&M: 2
Gray dress, NY&C: 2

And sweaters.  Lots of sweaters.


White cardigan, Old Navy: 6
Striped navy cardigan, NY&C: 4
Brown cardigan, Old Navy: 4
Red cardigan, NY&C: 3
Pink cardigan, NY&C: 2
Electric blue cardigan, NY&C: 2

Not so many skirts.


Magenta pencil skirt, NY&C: 2
Black and white printed skirt, thrifted: 1
Black and white plaid skirt, thrifted: 1
Black full skirt, Forever 21: 0


Lots of jeans.  Some pants.


Skinny jeans, American Eagle: 14
Black straight leg slacks, NY&C: 5
Khaki pants, JCPenney's: 1
Plaid pants, Kohl's: 1
Black pants, JCPenney's: 0

And shoes.
Silver Ballet flats, Payless: 10
Black Mary Janes, Payless: 8
Brown tall Emu boots, Macy's: 5
Brown flats, Macy's: 3
Red ballet flats, Payless: 2
Black boots, Aldo's: 1

Looking at the numbers you can tell a few things.  
  1. There was cold weather when we did this challenge--I wore some sort of cardigan almost every day (including with long sleeve tops)
  2. Ditto for tights.  I wore tights every day I wore a skirt except for one.
  3. I had way too many pants and skirts available and not enough tops.
  4. I tend to gravitate towards the same shoes.
  5. I need to donate my brown long sleeve shirt.  I only wore it once and did not like how I felt in it.
  6. I'm glad this challenge is over!

And speaking of numbers, please vote in this month's BBC poll on the right hand side of my blog.  The winner will be announced at the end of our BBC book discussion next week on Friday!

Happy Saturday, friends!

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see you finished it! Congrats KT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome what a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - it's cool how much this challenge can tell you! I've been thinking about doing it, but worry that I can't get creative enough.. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am planning to START this challenge next week...oh dear! Any hints you can give me? More tops than bottoms?

    Kudos for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh so fun that you have broken it all down to see how frequently you wore these pieces! =) very cool.. i kinda want to do this with my clothes someday! <3

    xoxo
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to read. My favorite piece is actually thrifted - the black and white printed skirt. Totally adorable!

    Hope you all are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ashly: Thanks! It was quite the experience :)

    @ L: Definitely, although I am glad it is over!

    @ melody-mae: Definitely choose more tops than bottoms--I didn't even wear all of my bottoms and could have gotten by with much less. Good luck!

    @ Jenn: You really should! It's a great experience and really shows you what you wear and what you have in your closet :)

    @ Christy: Thanks! That skirt is one of my favorite thrift store finds if I do say so myself :) Hope you are having a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ashly: Thanks! It was quite the experience :)

    @ L: Definitely, although I am glad it is over!

    @ melody-mae: Definitely choose more tops than bottoms--I didn't even wear all of my bottoms and could have gotten by with much less. Good luck!

    @ Jenn: You really should! It's a great experience and really shows you what you wear and what you have in your closet :)

    @ Christy: Thanks! That skirt is one of my favorite thrift store finds if I do say so myself :) Hope you are having a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to do this challenge.... but I actually was wondering if I would need to evenly rotate my clothes... clearly that isn't a requirement!

    Oh and shoes... I wear a lot of different shoes, so I was wondering how to pull that off as well...... so THANK YOU for sharing these details :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job finishing your challenge! I am super impressed. You must be LOVING the rest of your clothes right now :). When I moved from Boston to Portland, I shipped a bunch of my clothes on a moving truck with my furniture and it took weeks to arrive. I felt like I'd gone on a huge shopping spree when they arrived. I'm sure you feel similar now that your challenge is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cool idea! We always live on a limited budget of clothes because we are moving so much, but I think this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Alexis: No problem! I think having to equally rotate your clothes would be far too mean for a challenge like this (either that or you should get more clothes like say 40) to really be able to do that :)

    @ Jenn: That is exactly what it feels like, which is great because I didn't spend any money! It sounds like your moving experience should count as completing a 30 for 30 challenge :)

    @ Texa: I can imagine! It definitely makes you realize you don't need as many clothes as you thought you did to look good, just great accessories (which luckily don't take up nearly as much space)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a fun challenge. You have some nice pieces in your wardrobe. I feel like I have too many tops and not enough pants.lol.. cool post =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!