Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Remember When Wednesday: Cross Country Road Trip

In June of 2009, my sister Madi, my mom and I drove from Pasadena, CA to Omaha, NE so that I could start my summer job and be reunited with J after we had spent the year apart (he just starting law school and me in California).  I thought for this week's Remember When Wednesday it would be fun to look at some pictures from the trip.


We left the house at 4 in the morning to get an early start on the drive, hence the tired faces.


We saw the sun rise and my mom needed sunglasses at six o'clock in the morning.


First state border crossing.  We were excited to have one state behind us.


Second state down, this one's of my mom and me.


We stayed the night in Tucumcari, NM.  The best quote of the trip occurred here when my mom asked the waitress: "Tell us about this town you call Kumbaya (like the song Kumbaya My Lord)."  We had been on the road all day so she maintains it was delirium!

In front of the Kumbaya Tucumcari city sign!


Texas!  


Oklahoma, which we drove through for all of thirty minutes.


Kansas--thumbs up because we are almost there.  I had no idea Kansas could be so brown--no corn or wheat fields in sight!


My mom and me finally in Nebraska--I don't think we were ever so excited to see that sign!

Thus ends our little road trip photo tour.  Have you gone on any road trips recently?  If you are out driving today in the eastern half of the country, be safe!  The roads are slick out there!

2 comments:

  1. I have done a few road trips. An ex-bf and I drove from Michigan to New Mexico and back to live for the summer (he had an internship there). I adore New Mexico!

    This past year, my current bf and I drove over 2,000 miles from Indianpolis>Chicago>Cleveland>Hershey>Philly>Delaware>VA Beach>Charlottesville>drive through WV>back to Indy! We saw 6 concerts and lots of sites along the way. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how fun!! It looks like you guys had a great time. :) I desperately want to take a road trip with Matt.

    I'm sorry to hear you're battling the same little "buggers" i am!! We need to have an uprising against them!! ARGH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!