Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BBC Members and Book Pick

I am so overwhelmed with the response that The BBC has gotten and that seven other beautiful ladies have agreed to be a part of our book club!  They all have wonderful blogs that always unique and insightful things to say, so I can't wait to discuss books with them in a month's time.  In the meantime, stop by and say hello!

They are:

Twenty-Six to Life
....and that's a true story
Mrs. DIY and the tennis guy
wandering sara
travel spot
The Knight Life
Finely Young


Now onto deciding on this month's book.  I have a poll on the sidebar with the suggestions BBC members have made so far.  If there is another book you would like to see listed in the poll, let me know in the comments and I'll add it!  The poll will remain open until Saturday, at which time we will select this month's book with the one with the most votes winning of course.  Anyone can vote, even if you are not participating in the book club since a review of the book will be posted on this ole blog in a few weeks time.  Also, since it's taking a little while to get everything off the ground, the deadline for finishing the book should get moved back by a week so everyone has a full month to read it!  I added my own suggestion to the poll too in the form of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

The BBC is open to anyone and everyone and it is not too late to join!  Either leave a message in the comments or email me at ktrefinishingschool[at]gmail[dot]com to be a part of this new and fun book club.

Happy reading everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea KT! Glad to see that so many people are joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I make a recommendation? The Host by Stephanie Myers (of Twilight fame). I just heard there will be a sequel in 2012 so I wouldn't mind reading that again. Also Three Cups of Tea, I just got that from the library and would love to hear what other people have to say about it. Looking forward to hearing what the final pick will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm excited! All the books suggested look like interesting reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost time! I can't wait to find out which book is the pick!

    Are you making a button? I would love to put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have the button ready to go tomorrow morning along with this month's book! I am so happy you all are participating with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to find out what book will be picked! The choices are very diverse but they all sound great! I wrote about this tonight on the blog, as well, encouraging more to sign up. This is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!