Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner Line-up

Each family celebrates Thanksgiving slightly differently, so I thought I would share what will be on our menu later today! 
Image from weheartit and here originally
Turkey, of course!  We usually brine it and then stuff it with stuffing, but have tried various methods over the years.  I want to deep fry a turkey one of these years!

Stuffing.  My dad's family makes theirs with sausage, but as we are celebrating Turkey Day with my mom's parents, ours will be sans sausage.

Mashed Potatoes with Gravy

Green Bean Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole.  This is my favorite part of Thanksgiving, besides the turkey.  Baked in the oven with a streusel of brown sugar and pecans on top, I could eat bowls and bowls of it.  My family likes this dish so much we make it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter!

Rolls.  Got to have warm rolls and butter!


Relish tray.  Delicious tray filled with olives, carrots, celery, pickles and raw green onions.  Nothing says holidays like a relish tray!

Pumpkin Pie.  Perfect end to a perfect meal!

Football and nap.  So it's not a food group, but it is what we usually do after we eat!

Just writing this post is making me hungry.  Pardon me while I wipe the drool off of my key board.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!