Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Remember When Wednesdays

Welcome to a new feature here at KT's Refinishing School called Remember When Wednesdays!  What is Remember When Wednesdays you ask?

Well, it is where I will share a vintage photo of either myself, J or members of our family as well as a little story or memory behind the photo.  With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce this feature and take a trip down memory lane.  Now, without further ado...


While this isn't exactly a Thanksgiving picture, it is at the very least a fall picture, as indicated by the color of the tree and the abundance of jackets, mittens and scarves.  I am in the light blue jacket and that's my Grandma and Papa behind me, who we will be spending Thanksgiving with this year!  My mom is holding my youngest brother Alec and I am standing next to my brother Dan and sister Madi.  My dad was there too, probably taking the picture for us.

This was one of the many Notre Dame games I attended as a child.  My grandpa went there for his bachelor's as well as his law degree.  My great-uncles and their father, my great-grandfather also attended Notre Dame.  My sister (in red, waving at the camera) now carries on the tradition as a sophomore at Notre Dame.

I don't know who we were playing that day or if we won this game or not, but I do know that this is one of many pictures we have in front of Touchdown Jesus.

Can we talk about my powder blue coat and white jeans?  What was I thinking?  It was certainly after Labor Day! Ah, childhood.


So, what do you think of the new feature?  Do you have any vintage photographs to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!