Monday, November 8, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I like going to laundry mats.  It's true.


Ever since our washing machine broke a while back, I've been going to a local laundry mat once every week and a half or so to do laundry.  I thought that I would hate going and that it would encourage me to get a new washing machine.  Nope.  I really enjoy it!

Most of the time it is pretty quiet in there, except for the machines humming away.  I usually pack a bag full of things to keep me busy: books I'm reading, my journal, letters that need writing, and so forth, and a change of clothes since I usually head there straight after work.  Because really, who wants to do laundry at a laundry mat in a pencil skirt and nylons?  

An added bonus is that I can do many more loads in the less time it would take me to one load at home when we had a working washer and dryer--our dryer didn't dry clothes very well, causing us to run two cycles for each load to get them completely dry.

I have four bags of laundry to do tonight and I'm actually looking forward to it.  Is that weird?  Please tell me there are other people out there who like to do laundry and don't mind going to laundry mats?

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!