Thanks Ashly for the award and for all of your camaraderie and support over the past few months :)
Now those who are deemed to be stylish bloggers and receive the award must do four things:
Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Pass it on and award other bloggers with this award
Let them know they won!
- I can't whistle or roll my tongue into a taco. All of my siblings and both of my parents can do these things and they tease me about it relentlessly when it comes up.
- I have broken my arm once (left) when my horse trainer's horse bucked me off in high school and gotten stitches twice: once when I bit my lip as a baby and once when my childhood dog was a puppy and accidentally bit me. Luckily, none of the injuries have left permanent scars.
- I was once on a game show as a kid called Animal Planet ZooVenture because our principal's sister was an executive producer and was looking for kids to participate. I beat out a girl with a broken arm (which I felt really bad about) and as the grand prize, I got to be zookeeper for a day with the other winners at the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.
- As a girl, I owned three American Girl dolls (Kirsten, Addy and Samantha) that are still at my parents' house. I hope to pass on to my own daughters (or if we only have boys, nieces) someday!
- I really like certain kinds of spicy food (like wasabi, horse radish and curry) and not others (like jalapenos)
- When I was in high school I wanted to become a country singer and become famous like the Dixie Chicks. I even recorded a few songs with my guitar teacher. If Taylor Swift was famous when I was in high school, I'm pretty sure my ambition would have been to be just like her.
- In high school, I worked with my aunt at The Telluride Bluegrass Festival in the box office every year. I got to see some amazing acts over the years, including Emmylou Harris, Yonder Mountain String Band, Sam Bush, Nanci Griffith, Jewel, and Allison Krauss. Sadly, I missed the legendary Johnny Cash by three years.
- Finely Young Ashlee has a great eye for fashion and home decor (see some of her makeovers here and here for some examples) and shares her daily life with her husband JY and pup Finley. She always makes me laugh and is a good friend in both the blogging and the real world.
- :: Can You Come Home :: Starlet Starlet blogs about design, food, life and her garden--I am especially jealous about that last one since apartment living doesn't lend itself very well to gardening! Her innovative posts like Color Splashes and those involving her beautiful handwriting like this one keep me inspired and entertained!
- Every Little Thing Boy am I glad I discovered Every Little Thing a few weeks ago! Another St. Louis gal, I am constantly challenged and encouraged to give back, eat responsibly and enjoy life through her posts--those are things that never go out of style :)
- Clever Betty Lauren is a brilliant graphic designer whose shop is full of cute and whimsical notions you just have to check out. I was honored to be a part of her You Had Me At...Holidays series this year. You can check out the post I wrote for the series here. She and her fiancé Sean are getting married next fall and if their gorgeous engagement photo session is any indication, their wedding will be beautiful, personal and of course stylish!
- Flutter Inspired I just found Mia's blog and just as her blog title suggests, I am consistently inspired by her posts. Whether the topic is living an eco-lifestyle or her gorgeous elopement posts (which make me want to elope and marry J all over again!), Mia writes her posts with creativity and class.