Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day

Image taken from here and here originally
If I worked at a school, today would most likely be a snow day.  But instead I am at work enjoying the winter wonderland outside our doors which I am 100% okay with because my sweet husband J helped me dig out and get to work this morning.

Our driveway is quite steep and we have already had difficulty getting out once this winter due to ice.  I was not optimistic when I started up my car this morning that I would make it and I was right.  Luckily, J came down and helped.  He too couldn't get my car up the driveway and ended up pretty close to the wall of our apartment in the process--he had to crawl out the passenger side to get out!

Luckily, we were able to drive over a little bit of snow-covered grass and use our neighbors' driveway, which J shoveled for them before we tried it.  I meanwhile scraped all the snow of his car.  He then drove me to work (which was great because being from Southern California, I'm not a huge fan of driving in snow!) and texted me a while later to tell me he had gotten my car out of the driveway safe and sound!

I am so grateful that J was there to help me and we made it out without a scrape.  I even made it to work on time, despite all of what we had to go through this morning!  I guess the moral of this story is that I don't mind the white stuff if it means J is there to help me!

Did everyone else make it safely to work or school?  I saw on the news this morning that the Northeast is getting yet another major snow storm.  Be safe out there and stay warm!

P.S. Stay tuned for a book review (and pictures of my newly organized bookshelves) this afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. We are suppose to get 12-18 inches in Boston!!! AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of snow here in nebraska! luckily matthew and i both work for the same company so we were able to take his ford truck to work verses my bug convertible :) don't get me wrong...my little bug does pretty well on her own...but like you, i like how the snow brings us even closer together :)

    i hope you have a wonderful day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ashly: Be careful out there. You guys have been getting the brunt of Old Man Winter this year!

    @ Lindsay: That's great that you and Matthew can drive to work together. There have been times this year (other than the snow) that we have had one car because the other was in for maintenance, etc. and I sort of like it when we drive together while I drop him off at school/he drops me off at work. For us anyway, it's always a great time to catch up and reflect on our days together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!