Monday, January 10, 2011

The Weekend

I can hardly believe it's Monday.  This weekend went quickly, no?

Here's how I spent my weekend.

On Friday, I:
  • Saw J off for the weekend.  He went up to Omaha to spend more time with family and friends since Christmas was such a whirlwind event!
  • Made homemade Chex Mix.  I don't care much for the pretzels and the peanuts that are usually added to the mix, and since it was just me home this weekend, I made it with just the three different kinds of Chex and Cheerios.  I add a few dashes of Tabasco when mixing everything together to give it an extra little kick!
  • Watched Corinna, Corinna: a favorite movie of my childhood on Netflix Instant View
On Saturday, I:
On Sunday, I:
  • Finished cleaning the house in preparation for J's return
  • Made homemade pasta--pictures and details to come!
  • Went to Dewey's for dinner with our friends Nick, Brian, JY and Ashlee
  • Saw Spamalot with the group above at The Fox.
How was your weekend, friends?

      4 comments:

      1. oh I LOVED Spamalot! Did you have fun?? Also, I've been dying for a pasta machine. I usually just make homemade ravioli since you dont need the machine for those! Hope you're feeling better!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I can't wait for the homemade pasta!!!

        ReplyDelete
      3. Thanks Gina! I had seen Spamalot once before in Omaha a few years ago but it was as funny as ever.

        I have yet to try homemade ravioli but that sounds really yummy!

        A pasta machine is definitely worth the small investment--I'm still learning but it's a lot of fun! :)

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks Ashly! My first two attempts (I divided the dough into fourths) didn't come out so great, but I was starting to get the hang of it by the end. I will be sure to post as soon as I can, probably tomorrow! :)

        ReplyDelete

      Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

      I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!