Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekend, weekend, weekend

I am heading back to Peoria this weekend to spend some time with my grandparents and relative who will be in town for: Oyster Stew!

More details (with a recipe or two) next week but for now let me just say, it is delicious and a yearly tradition in my mom's family.

The menu for this weekend already has me drooling:

Tonight: KofC (Knights of Columbus not KFC) fried whole catfish served with baked potato and rye bread

Tomorrow: My grandpa's French Onion soup, Caesar Salad (with homemade dressing and croutons), and steak on the grill--never mind the temperatures will be in the teens!

Sunday: Oyster Stew, ham sandwiches and relish tray.  What can I say, we love our relish trays!

There is loads to come next week, including recipes, photos, another book review and a super special holiday surprise you won't want to miss, so stay tuned!

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!