Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Remember When Wednesdays: When I Was Young, By Woods

Hi!  It's me again, Woods the cat.



My parents are a bit busy this week spending time with family and friends for Christmas and New Years so my mom was nice enough to let me write another blog post for you all.  I've already shared with you what my daily life is like and since today is Wednesday and my mom usually writes a Remember When Wednesdays post today, I thought I would share my childhood (kittenhood if you will) with you.

I was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa.  I'm not sure of the date and not sure how many brothers and sisters I have or even who my litter parents were.  I do know that I liked to hang around this large building and eat their trash when I couldn't catch mice or other food myself.  Mom and Dad call this a bowling alley, so I guess that makes me an alley cat.

Anyway, I was found by my parents on May 4, 2009.  My grandma was outside and heard me crying.  She called for me and to her surprise, I came running across the parking lot.  She brought me inside and my dad made arrangements to keep me.  My mom was still living in California and was not due to come to Omaha for another few weeks.  I spent this time going to the vet (yuck!) and getting to know my dad.

During this time I learned a few things.  One, the little cat you see in the doorplate is actually your reflection, not another cat.  You don't need to puff yourself up to intimidate it.


Two, toys on strings, especially Santa toys, are really fun.  


Three, my grandma's cat Tiger really doesn't like kittens like me.


Finally, it came time to meet my mom.  Dad had been talking about her for days so I was really excited.  With her came my other grandma and my aunt Madi.  It was great to meet more of my family!


I could go on about my adventures under the knife or how we moved from Omaha to St. Louis at the end of that summer, but that is another story for another day.

Thanks for letting me share part of my story, Mom!

1 comment:

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!