Thursday, October 28, 2010

Value Village, or Thrift Store Finds

The last Wednesday of each month my favorite thrift store, Value Village, has half off days where everything in the store is half off.  Everything.  Last month I got a red pea coat for $6.00!

Yesterday Ashlee, Clever Betty, and I went over our lunch hour to see what treasures we could find.

I made out like a bandit and as a result, I now have a few projects I can't wait to get started on.  Here is a picture of the loot:


First, I re-found this little number.  It is re-found because last month during their half off day I saw it and decided not to get it.  A decision I immediately regretted and wished I could go back to pick it up.  Happily it was still waiting on the shelf for me this month!  It became mine for $1.62.  Believe it or not, but this was the most expensive item I bought all day.  Keep reading to see the savings!


My plans:  I would like to fill in the slot on the side with wood filler, sand and paint the base white.  I'd like to then use it to display flowers, pens, and other small items.


The next item I found was another owl, this time a cookie jar!  It has a few cracks and a slightly chipped ear, but otherwise is in pretty good shape.  Its price: 90 cents!


My plans: Spray paint the owl and use to store Woods' cat food.


 The third object that made it into my basket was a pretty milk glass vase.  I fell in love with the scalloped edges and rounded studs and knew it would look great in our dining room hutch.  Price tag: 75 cents!


My plans: Reorganize and redecorate the hutch, incorporating the milk glass and some other objects I've picked up recently.

My fourth purchase was a small green glass tray.  The geometric pattern looked so modern and fresh, I had to scoop it up.  Cost: 60 cents!


My plans: I think it will look great filled with fresh fruit or silver round Christmas ornaments come December.



My fifth and final purchase was a vintage polka dot and striped scarf, seen in the picture below.  Price tag: 99 cents!


My plans: I think it will look great accessorizing an outfit or even tied to one of my purses.

So there you have it, that's how I, with under six dollars, acquired several new projects and some exciting decor for our home!

Now it's your turn.  Have you found any great thrift store deals lately?  Are there any Value Villages near you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!