Friday, October 22, 2010

Goodwill Finds

I stopped by Goodwill on my way home from work today and ended up bringing home a few treasures I'd like to share!



The first is a ceramic owl perched on a log.  I bought it for four dollars and plan to spray paint it white or punchy yellow (the color of the handles on our dresser).  It reminded me a lot of the ceramic animals Sherry Petersik and Katie Bower have blogged so much about.  In fact, I think my owl would fit perfectly in Baby Will's nursery!

I also grabbed two red mugs for fifty cents each with the hope to work them into our Thanksgiving and later Christmas table decorations.  At the moment I'm thinking I pair them with white bowls and fun napkins.

The last addition to my shopping cart was a small green vase that I hope to fill with a fat pillar candle, again for our holiday decorations.  The cost of this gem: two dollars.

So there you have it.  My most recent Goodwill loot.  A pretty good way to kick of a weekend if you ask me.  Oh, and I had to include this photo of Woods who kept interrupting me.  He hates having his picture taken but loves getting into shots he's not supposed to be in...


What do you think?  Should I paint the owl?  If so, what color?  White or yellow?  Have any of you found some great thrift store finds as of late?

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. what a nice hooter you got there! great find girl...and thanks for the link love. I vote white...only because it is more versatile.
    xo - kb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!