Thursday, October 7, 2010

Luncheon Tea

I have always loved afternoon tea and tea sandwiches.  In fact, growing up my sister and I would go have afternoon tea at a place up the street from our house in California at least once a semester.  We would gorge ourselves on chicken and egg salad, cucumber-dill, olive tapenade, and pumpkin cream cheese sandwiches.  Then we would wash it all down with a big pot of tea.

While on my lunch break yesterday, I decided to make myself some tea sandwiches.  Because I had shredded chicken from dinner the night before, raisins, walnuts, cucumber and cream cheese in the pantry and refrigerator, I decided to make curry chicken salad and cucumber-cream cheese sandwiches.  Of course I drank tea.


Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich

Ingredients:
1 roasted or poached chicken breast, shredded
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans--I used walnuts
1/3 cup raisins--I used golden raisins
1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
salt and pepper
White bread with crust cut off

Kitchen Supplies:
Bread knife
Cup of tea with milk and sugar of course

Combine above ingredients, adding more mayonnaise if necessary.  Spread even layer over one side of the bread.  Build sandwich and carefully cut into four small squares with a bread knife.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You do make a great pot of tea! Wish I could have tasted those sandwiches...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!