- Bought two new pairs of pants (jeans and khakis) at Old Navy during their BOGO half off sale
- Made ham and bean soup with leftover hot ham and this jalapeno cornbread, substituting smoked gouda for cheddar
- Had JY over for drinks and conversation. He brought some delicious chocolate whoopie pies which we consumed quickly!
- Woke up early and went to the first Ferguson Farmer's Market where we bought garlic greens, kale, andouille sausage and a bag of gorgeous mixed greens!
- Re-organized our kitchen pantry--details and photos to follow!
- Took a nap
- Made kale chips in the oven which were delicious and quickly consumed with some cold Schlafly beers (Kolsch for me, APA for J)
- Made lemon-garlic green risotto for dinner with fresh lemons from my parents' backyard and garlic greens from the Farmer's Market
- Got up early again and finished season 3 of Mad Men--only one more season and we are all caught up!
- Meal planned and grocery shopped for the week
- Went to church
- Took a nap--are you noticing a theme here? I can't seem to sleep in past 6:30 or 7:00 on the weekends which I make up for by taking naps in the afternoon!
- Saw the movie Prom with my Little
- Came home to J making a roux for our andouille sausage and shrimp gumbo
- Two and a half hours later, after lots of chopping and stirring (and dishes), we finally sat down for gumbo!
- Ate happily and went to bed
Since many of our family members have not seen our apartment, we are going to have an open house with drinks and appetizers on Thursday night. This also means we have a lot of work to do around the house to get it in tip-top shape for our guests in addition to shopping and preparing for the open house itself. To keep myself accountable (and sane), I thought I'd create and share a to do list of projects to complete before our guests arrive.
Clean out and wipe down the refrigerator
Reupholster our dining room chairs with fabric I've had since January!
Reorganize bookshelves and dining room hutch
Wash slipcover on couch
Set up bar
Shop for said menu and bar--my dear friend Ashlee has said she will help with this!
Whew! I'm tired already. I think many naps may be in my future!