|The cool mustang we got to drive around in on our wedding day. House pictured: site of our wedding reception|
- Cost: With J studying for the bar, only one income (mine) to speak of and some major changes on the horizon (more on that in a minute), it needed to be a relatively inexpensive trip.
- Location: Must be within driving distance. See number 1. Plane tickets this time of year are notoriously expensive.
- Distance: Even though we are driving, with the high price of gas we knew the destination couldn't be too far away in order to keep costs low.
- New: Must be a place neither of us have been to before. We love exploring new cities together!
- B & B's: We really wanted to stay at a Bed and Breakfast while we were there. I love them and find them extremely romantic and much more personal than a standard hotel room!
Enter Hannibal. Only two hours and four minutes away from St. Louis, we were able to find a charming B & B for only $90.00 a night! With lots to do including visiting Mark Twain Caves, Mark Twain's Boyhood Home and Museum, a cute downtown area and a few wineries nearby, I know we will have a great time and I can't wait to share all of our photos and experiences with you next week!
|Okay so this is Disneyland's version of a steam boat, but you get the idea! Image via weheartit|
J and I are moving.
In less than two months.
To South Bend, IN.
Home of my beloved Fighting Irish and my sister
(although she will be studying in Rome next year.)
|Image via weheartit|