Monday, August 9, 2010

Accountability, or the month of August

I am interrupting my bedroom makeover reveal posts with this brief post that will hopefully keep me more accountable this month. See I have a lot of To-Do's piling up and I thought that posting a list of goals for the month of August might help me check some of those off. Also, it is 8/9/10 today, so when better to set goals then an auspicious day like today! I will of course re-evaluate these goals at the end of the month and perhaps add a list for September at that time as well.

1) Update rest of personal information with new name. See while I changed my name almost a month ago now (read about it here), I still have some odds and ends that are in my maiden name and need to be changed ASAP.

2) Get car re-inspected and licensed. My car had some major health issues (practically non-existent bushings meant the undercarriage could collapse at any moment-yikes) that caused it to fail its last inspection. We now thankfully have that fixed, so now its time to reinspect and get new plates!

3) Sell remaining wedding items (tea bag caddies, cake knives and ribbon) on Ebay or Craigslist. I over-ordered slightly on several items, like tea bags with our monogram and wedding date (not re-usable) and tea cups (completely re-usable and resell-able). I also took on several projects (like individual cakes on each table, hence the cake knives) that I ultimately decided not to pursue. These items are taking up space in my closet and could definitely go to a good home!

4) Sell my barely used i-Touch on Ebay or Craigslist. I got an i-Touch in October of last year when I got my new Mac laptop. I only used it a few times before getting my iPhone back in February.

5) Blog more. I'd like to blog at least twice a week for the rest of August!

6) Waste less food. I hope to achieve this goal by planning meals and actually eating them, and also eating the leftovers. J and I did pretty well at this the week before we left for our honeymoon, but I'd like to see us continue this habit throughout August (and beyond)!

7) Cancel gym membership. J and I have been running (when its not 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity) together 5-6 times a week. As such, I haven't been using my gym membership and could save a little cash by letting this expense go.

8) Start plans for my side business. More on this to come but let's just say I am very excited at the prospect!

9) Eat more fruits and veggies. J and I have been going to a local farmer's market on Saturdays when we can, but I'd like to see us increase our intake of yummy fruits and vegetables and take advantage of the abundant summer harvest while it's still around!

10) Take Woods to the vet. Our little kitten is now a year old and needs his yearly check-up, complete with shots. It's not fun, but something that definitely needs to get done this month!

So there's my list. More on the bedroom makeover will come later this week, I promise! Last week's silence can be explained by our honeymoon to San Fran and Napa Valley, as well as a quick trip to Michigan to see family last week! Pictures and details of the honeymoon trip to follow as well. Anyone else have goals they'd like to accomplish this month? Let's hear them and be accountable together!!

K-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!