Here are a few things we've been up to this month when I obviously wasn't blogging:
I left my job of two years in preparation for our move to South Bend and packed up all of our belongings while J studied for the bar exam.
J took the bar exam in Des Moines, IA. 24 hours later, we packed up our apartment in a Penske truck and cleaned the apartment within an inch of its life. Thanks to my dad and J's parents for helping load us up and move us!
Less than 12 hours after that, we drove the six and a half hours from St. Louis to South Bend with J's parents, sister, my dad and Woods in tow. We arrrived in South Bend around four pm and promptly unloaded the truck.
We then left South Bend for a week to vacation with our families at Feirin De--including Woods.
|A big beach bonfire we had one night thanks to lots of driftwood washed ashore by heavy rains|
|A view from our bedroom window taken our first night in the apartment!|
|I finally recovered our dining room chairs. I love the pattern so much I wish I would have done it sooner!|
|Doing our best Ferris Bueller impersonations at the Art Museum in Chicago|
|Oktoberfest in August--Hot German Wax Beans, homemade spaetzle and kielbasa. Yum!|
Tried to start catching up on blog posts in my Google Reader. Right now I have over 1000 unread posts and I am hoping to get all caught up before classes start Monday!
And on the horizon for this week are the following items:
- Get satellite TV set up and DVR up and running--I've missed out on weeks of my favorite shows!
- Take the Indiana driving test (new residents must take the written driving test...again...)
- Obtain new insurance
- Title my car in Indiana and obtain new license plates
- Visit the Farmer's Market and local co-op here on Saturday
- Have some new friends (J's soon-to-be associate at work, his wife and 2 kids) over for a pool party and dinner
- Make a kid-friendly dinner for six!
- Catch up on my Google Reader
I can't wait to catch up with all of you and a big thank you for sticking around during this busy and hectic time in our lives!