Friday, December 10, 2010

My Wish List: Technology

A while back I shared some of the items for our apartment that were on my holiday wish list this year.  Based on that wish list, I bought a few things at Target and World Market, creating this Thanksgiving table setting.

Well, now I'm back with my technology wish list, one that I will admittedly have greater difficulty fulfilling than before since the items are quite a bit more expensive than cloth napkins and table linens.  But it is called a wish list for a reason, right?


1. Photoshop Elements:  I cannot tell you the number of times I have drooled over blogs and their photos, graphics, etc. and wished I could create something like that, only to find out they used Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to do so.  I have been playing around with Picnik a bit and while it has some useful tools, I feel Photoshop Elements might be better suited for the things I'd like to do.

2. Family Tree Maker for Mac:  I am very interested in genealogy and one of my 130 before I'm Thirty goals is to research my family tree.  This program would definitely help me reach this goal!


3. New Camera:  I have blogged before about how my camera doesn't always play nice with me and I'd really like to get a camera that can do more and take better quality pictures.  While I'd love to get a Nikon SLR, this one is a good place to start!

4. New TV:  We have a 20 inch big box TV that my parents bought me when I started college.  It has served me well over the years but now has some fading in the corners that makes green items appear red and so forth.  We (especially J) would really like to get a TV like this one to better watch our favorite TV shows and football teams (Fighting Irish and Huskers, respectively) play, not to mention it is difficult to have guests over to watch a movie, sporting event, etc. when the TV is so small.

What's on your wish list, technology or otherwise, this holiday season?  Happy wishing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!