Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was a busy but productive one.  As I outlined here, we had outings or activities every day this weekend.  I did manage to squeeze in a few extra things that didn't make my to-do list, some of which will make its appearance on the blog this week.  Let's just say I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and the mall this weekend.  I:
  • Watched Braveheart, a new to me film that won best picture in 1995--my first of ten new to me Best Picture films I will be watching before I turn thirty.  See complete list here!
  • Played Rock Band with J on Saturday night
  • Made homemade chicken tenders and steak fries with J and washed them down with a cold brew
  • Went to church on Sunday
  • Baked two loafs of French bread for our dinner with JY and Ashlee--recipe to follow
  • Baked Pumpkin Bars (my favorite dessert ever!) for aforementioned dinner--recipe to follow
  • Shopped for and bought J's Christmas present
  • Wrapped and gave J his Christmas present--pictures and details to follow
  • Peeled and de-veined shrimp for our dinner with the Y's.  Every time I've cooked with already peeled frozen shrimp (and most shrimp you buy that is not frozen was frozen and then thawed at the market, unless you live on the Gulf coast!) the shrimp has come out rubbery and tough.  When I take the time to peel and de-vein them myself, they come out perfect every time.  More work, yes.  Worth the time and effort, absolutely!
  • Made this delicious risotto--well actually J did that while I helped get everything else ready for the dinner.  This time, we added lemon zest this time instead of orange.  It was fantastic!
  • Made these croutons with a simple olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette for our dinner
  • Created our Christmas table setting for our dinner--pictures and details to follow
How was your weekend, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for finding my blog and taking the time to leave a comment!

I try to respond to everyone's comments either below your comment itself or through email. Please be sure to link your email address to your account so we can chat!